The era of garage was prob the best years of UK Urban Music!


The beats and the vocals together with the bait 'DJ EZ' mixing... It was the perfect combination.


Who remembers 95.8FM.... Craig David and Artful Dodger, Every friday nights... Craig David singing over every track... while 'Art-ful' Dodger mix and blend!?!?!


I can never forget the day Craig David sang over Shola Ama- Imagine... I still sing over the same parts..



This era is when pirate stations where big and So Solid where on it... Romeo and Harvey.. (can't remember who else) ..... But I used to lock in to all their sets .....


Loved off Pirate.... that i went into it myself.. got to play big beats... Real talent..


Then Wiley came along with Kano and wiped out Garage... then came grime...... then Funky.... What a shame......Garage was the one!!!




My Top 5 Garage beats....




1.








2.






3.





4.






5.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

top