I feel so shamed to say I only discovered this talented lady 6months ago!!

Shout out to Lastfm.com for blessing me with such a wonderful vocalist!!

Now usually when I hear the word 'Algebra' I wanna run a mile as I cannot stand maths!!! But little did I expect to associate it with an angelic sounding songstress!

Through her voice and the melody this neo-soul raw talent uncovers a heart-felt, vulnerable style that is overwhelmingly powerful and at times breath taking.

As soon as she sang the first couple of words of one of her songs "In this time", I was immediately captivated and wanted to hear more. The more I got into the track the more she began to sound very close to India Arie. (I even made my sister hear her, and her first reaction was "is this India Arie?")


Algebra has featured on a number of neo-soul tracks, alongside the sounds of Anthony Hamilton, Eric Roberson. Prior to releasing her album Purpose, Algebra contributed to other musical artist albums such as Musiq Soulchild and India Arie.


Purpose was released in late 2008. Algebra chose this title as she says:
“The defining moment of purpose is when you realise all that you have is worth less than nothing and still, life is worth living.”








0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

top