SOLANGE KNOWLES ditches her hair saving her a flabbergasting $40,000 a year.

Solange Knowles appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show to discuss her addiction she had to looking good, with her drug being Hair extensions & Weave.

Beyonce’s little sister, Solange, “pulled a Britney” earlier this year and has shaved her head. I know what your thinking! OMG! But it’s not as bad as you think! According to the Daily Mail Solange wrote on her Twitter page that she was going through a 'I wanna cut all my Hair off & have a fade (cropped haircut) phase'.

As expected, being the sister of the R&B Diva, Beyonce, means she gets a lot of attention. The singer, who released a number one record “I decided” in 2008, has joked that the constant comparisons to her superstar sister might tip her over the edge and send her into a Britney-style meltdown.

She said: 'I get asked about Beyonce all the time but I try and make fun of it, sometimes I say she's not my sister. Other times I say I've stuffed her in my suitcase and sent it to Dubai. I have to have fun with it or I'll turn into Britney - shave my head and go totally crazy.’

On the Oprah show when she was asked how much money she spent on her hair Solange said: "Realistically I was spending about $40,000-$50,000 a year and probably half of my life, I grew up in a hair salon, my mum owned a hair salon.

"There was always this feeling of always wanting to be in the salon once or twice a week and I got a perm pretty early - I was four."

Its safe to say Solange isn’t going “Crazy” like Britney and defiantly looks like she’s going to have extra pocket money since she cut her hair earlier this year.

According to a new up and coming film produced Chris Rock, 'Good Hair', a staggering $9 billion dollars is spent catering to African-American women's hair alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

top