After the recent split from Sugababes, Keisha is ready to launch her solo career with a help of her friend and songwriter, Taio Cruz.

The original member of Sugababes is to team up with the “She’s Like a Star” hit-maker and former ghost-writer as Taio made it clear he will be there to support her through the early stages of her solo career: ‘I would absolutely work with Keisha if she wanted me to. She can be sure that I will help her out…’

Jade Ewen, former UK Eurovison singer, has now replaced Keisha Buchanan as the third member of the band, who has had 2 previous member removed and replaced.

Original members Keisha Buchanan, Mutya Buena and Siobhan Donaghy formed Sugababes in 1998. However Donaghy departed and the introduction of Heidi Range in 2001 was met, the group then survived a second line-up change in 2005, when Mutya Buena left and was replaced by Amelle Berrabah.

Hearsay about the band’s future was triggered early last month when Amelle failed to show for a gig at London’s Movida nightclub.

At the time it was reported she had gone missing after being involved an argument with former band member Keisha, however it was later confirmed that she failed to turn up because her friend had been in a ‘bad accident’.

Keisha, who was accused of bullying Amelle, revealed on Twitter at the time: ‘I may come across as a hard nut sometimes, but I’m actually really sensitive and it destroys me to think people see me as the longest standing member and assume that I’m the b***h who causes people to walk, and it’s totally untrue and unfair.’

Keisha released a statement on her twitter, but I’ll save you the speech…. OK .. I’ll give you my favorite bits! :P

‘Remember my drunk pictures out with Amelle, supporting her on her success with Tinchy Stryder… Oh the shame… But what a fun night we had.

‘Now I’m going to take some time to focus on me. I’ve been in this band for 11 years and I have achieved so much.

‘I have a great family and friends who are behind me 100% and at the age of 24, I’m now going out into this world on my own…

‘Although i’m nervous… I’m still very excited on what lies ahead.

‘I want to thank the Sugababes fans and my fans for all your support and all who have never judged me, but accepted me for who I am… The feisty, funny, professional, fearless, motor mouth… lol

‘This is not the end… but the beginning!!!!

1 comments:

Slice of Cake said...

Keisha is better off without them!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

What do you think?

top